Optional pre- and post-AGM tours to the High Atlas, Morocco
Both the Pre and Post tours are sold out. Please email Angela Durnford to be put onto the waiting list.
The photo at the top of this page shows a view of Dar Al Hossoun, Taroudant with Atlas Mountains in the distance. We will be staying at this garden lodge during the Pre- and Post- AGM Tours (photo: Dar Al Hossoun)
This year our Pre and Post AGM Tours offer two identical itineraries to allow many of the participants attending the AGM in Marrakech the opportunity to explore more gorgeous gardens and stunning Moroccan landscapes during their trip. Places on each tour are restricted to 30 and will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. We will try to accommodate you on your preferred date, but it is wise to book early to avoid disappointment.
Pre Tour: Tuesday 13 to Saturday 17 October
Post Tour: Thursday 22 to Monday 26 October
- Enjoy the inspiring dry-climate gardens and irresistible plant selections of French landscape designers and modern-day plant hunters Éric Ossart and Arnaud Maurières.
- Visit other beautiful privately-owned gardens in Taroudant
- Visit traditional "dars" and "riads" with their enclosed courtyards or gardens in the heart of the medina
- Encounter unique argan forests of the Unesco Arganeraie Biosphere Reserve and the argania spinosa plant
- Visit a female cooperative to learn how argan is harvested and processed and the role it plays in local development and empowerment of rural women
- Explore a traditional oasis to understand how rural communities maintain ancient methods of crop rotation and water resource stewardship
- Observe endemic flora and fauna alongside our botanic guide in no less than three ecoregions of the mediterranean forests, woodlands, and scrub biome
- Journey across the Central High Atlas above beautiful valleys and remote villages to glimpse Berber life and century-old traditions of farming and pastoralism
Tour itineraries are described in detail here. Note that the arrangements for arrival and departure days are different for the two tours
Map of our itinerary (Google maps)
- Please note participants who wish to take part in the Pre or Post tour must take part in the AGM programme in Marrakech.
- To book your place on the Pre or Post tours please email Angela Durnford.
- Once you receive a confirmation of your tour place(s) and room allocation you should proceed to online registration and payment for both AGM and Pre or Post tour via the website.
- If, on the other hand, you wish to take part only in the AGM Marrakech programme proceed straight to online registration and payment.
THE MEDITERRANEAN GARDEN is the registered trademark of The Mediterranean Garden Society in the European Union, Australia, and the United States of America
Data Protection Consent
website designed and maintained
by Hereford Web Design